Matcha Bake Off
Cooking with Matcha Tea has become ever so popular with chefs and cooks within restaurants and bakery’s around the world. Matcha tea, the ‘Miracle Tea’ contains a high amount of Catechins which help to fight against Cancer & Heart Disease, Boosts Energy levels, Burns Calories, Detoxifies, provides fibre, and keeps you calm! Matcha also contains a very impressive level of antioxidant: 6.2 times that of Goji Berries, 7 times that of Dark Chocolate, 17 times that of Blueberries and whopping 60.5 times that of Spinach. So it’s easy to understand why chefs are championing this super green tea and using it to lend complexity to everything from seared shellfish to cupcakes, perfect for both sweet and savory dishes adding a trendy and interesting twist with its bright green colour.
Charbrew's 100% Organic Japanese Matcha is the perfect matcha grade for use in cooking – Try our Matcha Cookie recipe today:
- 2 1/2 cups of all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Combine flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. a separate bowl - cream butter, sugar. egg yolks and vanilla extract. Gradually blend dry ingredients, mix well. Cover with cellophane and chill for one hour.
4. Lightly dust counter, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Place 1 inch apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly colored. Sprinkle granulated sugar over the hot cookies and transfer to wire racks to cool.
6. Enjoy with a cup of your favorite Charbrew tea